25 April 2009

Quote of the Day


"When I was asked to put together this collection of songs, I wasn't sure what to do. So I just grabbed a bunch of things I was into recently. Some people have favorite songs, but I've got songs of the minute -- songs that I'm listening to right now. And if you ask me about one of those songs a year from now, I might not even remember who did it, but at the moment it's everything to me."

-Bob Dylan in the liner notes for his Starbucks' Artist Choice Series mix album

In case you were wondering, here's the songs he chose at that moment in his life, February 2008:

01. Pee Wee Crayton - Do Unto Others
02. Clancy Eccles - Don't Brag, Don't Boast
03. Stanley Brothers with The Clinch Mountain Boys - The Fields Have Turned Brown
04. Gus Viseur - Flambée Montalbanaise
05. Red Prysock - Hand Clappin'
06. Sol Hoopii & His Novelty Quartette - I Like You
07. Ray Price - I'll Be There (If You Ever Want Me)
08. Stuff Smith & His Onyx Club Boys - I'se A Muggin' (part 1)
09. Charley Jordan - Keep It Clean
10. Junior Wells - Little By Little (I'm Losing You)
11. Patty & The Emblems - Mixed-Up, Shook-Up Girl
12. Gétatchéw Kassa - Tezeta
13. Flaco Jiménez with Toby Torres & José Morante - Victimas De Huracan Beulah
14. Wanda Jackson - I Gotta Know
15. Billy Holiday & Her Orchestra - I Hear Music
16. Junior Parker - Pretty Baby

No comments: