08 May 2009

Dark Was the Night

If it weren't so late I'd write more about this inspirational album created by members of The National to raise money for AIDS. The original songs on this album include new tracks from Bon Iver, My Brightest Diamond, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, and of course The National to literally only name a few. I'm pretty sure it's a two disc at that. Last night The National were on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon singing their track of the record, "So Far Around the Bend" (my ringtone by the way) and they were sensational - if not a little nervous. On May 3rd, they were at Radio City Music Hall, along with many others from Dark Was the Night, doing a benefit concert in support of the album with proceeds once again going to AIDS research. Ticketmaster was also giving out two free tracks off the album this week if you are a regular ticketbuyer which I think is nice but unfortunately it came uh - a couple months too late. If you're a National obsesser, you've had the single for a long time by now. Still a very generous thought though.

While I couldn't yet find the video of The National's late night performance, I did find some footage of their Radio City excursion and felt the need to share it right here with everyone (meaning no one). They sound as good as ever. They performed two new songs off their not yet released album and I hear they're amazing - can't wait to find out for myself.

So without further adieu: The National!

Slow Show


So Far Around the Bend


England (new song!)

No comments: