25 May 2009

New Songs by The National

It's frustrating to hear new songs by my favorite band and know I wasn't there to experience them. I appreciate the excitement a new Youtube video brings filled with new lyrics I have yet to hear and new phrasing to yell about but there is still that essential personal element missing. I know I will eventually love these songs but I can't fully grasp them until I can understand the words and have some type of history with them. A couple months ago at Carnegie Hall when The National performed "Karamozov" and "Wake Up Your Saints" for the first time, I cried. I sat there in my overpriced mezzanine seat crying into my own shoulder over the power of The National. I have never experienced that kind of emotion on the first listen of a song before but it was the combination of the live music and the sounds that come out of the greatest band in the world.

Vandalylle Cry Baby


Blood Buzz Ohio

No comments: