16 September 2009

Time After Time

Just like there's some music I can't help liking, there's some things I can't resist in real life. In my twenties I'm realizing that there are certain things that cannot be compromised. Sophistication is the highest thing on that list. I'm in love with those that have an innate sense of style, not just fashion obviously, a personal style that speaks in the way they walk, carry themselves, move their hands, etc.

I don't know if I'm old enough to have the kind of sophistication I'm talking about - even if I can recognize it in others. I might just be seeing small glimpses of the future - a future hopefully filled with elegance and quality like these people I so admire but who knows..

I spent five hours on a quiz yesterday. I think that's sophistication to a certain degree. I never would've done that in high school or anytime up until now. I put effort into something I cared about and we'll see how it pans out. I love being young and firmly believe that no one should want to rush ANY time away that they are so graciously given but I look forward to a time when the people around me are mature and dignified. Well, I should clarify. I look forward to a time when I'm mature and dignified. I don't just want to look up to people that have succeeded in life - I want to be one of them. These inspirational people have such extreme determination and passion that I can't even fathom it. I want to get into their brain and see how it's done. I've never been so close to such success before. Maybe that explains some of my awestruck behavior?

I get scared in the presence of greatness. I shut off lights. I'm nothing in the face of all that. I lack all the confidence these incredible people have. I may have some excellent qualities but there's no way to express them when other's excellence is so looming. It's radiant.

There is something about shiny shoes and pensive thoughts.

Can't think of much music to put those images to.. It's almost more overwhelming than music.

Maybe "Everywhere" - Fleetwood Mac. Not so much the lyrics but the sound of the song itself.

No comments: