20 July 2009

Somebody to Love: Kid Cudi


Not like I have to tell anyone, he's already well loved, but I adore his sound and I'm in the mood for a celebration having just found out I got enough financial aid to pay for the entire upcoming year of college. To me, Kid Cudi's music always sounds like a celebration.

Cudi was born in Cleveland, Ohio later moving to Brooklyn to pursue a career in music. The release of his first mixtape, A Kid Named Cudi, caught the attention of Kanye West who later signed him to his G.O.O.D. label and gave him a guest spot on his own full length release, 808's and Heartbreak. Cudi helped to pen the hit track "Heartless" and "Paranoid". His major label debut, Man on the Moon: The End of Day is set to be released on September 15, 2009 while the singles Day 'N' Night and Make Her Say featuring Kanye West and a sample of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face", are already available for purchase and continue to climb the Billboard charts.

I love both songs and look forward to hearing more. He makes the same old hip hop/dance style sound completely fresh. He's just really, really cool.



No comments: