23 October 2009

Hey Soul Sister, Ain't that Mr. Mister on the Radio?

I just have to write this second about some excellent work being done by contemporary artists that are really amazing me.

I've already written a lot about Monsters of Folk and briefly mentioned my love of Mayer Hawthorne but I am sincerely addicted to both. They have quickly taken the place of all my go-to artists. I'm also finding a lot of Jazmine Sullivan to be incredibly impressing along with Regina Spektor's new album and of course the always amazing Phoenix. Kid Cudi, Kris Allen (of all people) and Train's latest single have also been topping my most played list as of late and although it's a rather strange mix of people, I'm so excited about all the new discoveries.

Autumn always seems to bring those anticipated new albums from artists you've either been dying to hear more of or up and coming ones you can't wait to be introduced to. I know November will bring about the new discs of Adam Lambert, Lady Gaga's reissue of "The Fame Monster", Britney Spears' single collection with the new song "3", John Mayer's "Battle Studies", Alison Iraheta's debut, and Shakira's "She Wolf"... if you're into that sort of thing. Personally, I was hoping for a new The National album but that won't happen for quite a few more months.

So off the top of my head, here are the new songs I'm really digging (some are repeats if you've been reading all along but this is a more complete list):

Mayer Hawthorne - Maybe So, Maybe No
Mayer Hawthorne - One Track Mind
Mayer Hawthorne - Just Ain't Gonna Work Out
Monsters of Folk - The Right Place
Monsters of Folk - Dear God
Monsters of Folk - Say Please
Jazmine Sullivan - Need U Bad
Jazmine Sullivan - Switch
Jazmine Sullivan - Lions, Tigers, and Bears
Kris Allen - Live Like We're Dying
Train - Hey, Soul Sister
John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare
Phoenix - Girlfriend
Phoenix - Countdown
Phoenix - 1901
Kid Cudi - Make Her Say
Kid Cudi - Day and Nite
Regina Spektor - Eet


I can't wait to find even more amazing music like this in the coming days...

Some of my current favorite videos accompanying these songs:






No comments: