29 April 2010

April Showers Bring May Music Sounds


I've been listening to so much good music lately. It's almost ridiculous. I haven't been in the mood to write a real post lately though - sometimes the pressure in my head gets to be too much and I can't handle my own words. Words are really powerful. I know you know that already but each one of them is a gift that doesn't need to be wrapped (but they can be rapped - my attempt at humor).

I'm in a library right now with my fantastic headphones in tow and listening to some songs I just downloaded from my beloved best friend iTunes.

Sometimes when I write sentences like the above I wonder if it makes me sound like a friend-less nerd. I'm not. My favorite thing on earth (other than music) is a good margarita. There is no other alcoholic beverage that is as delicious or beautiful. I'd like one right now. I'd like one before class or before work or before a doctor's appointment.

Anyhow, hopefully you're not here to hear about me, you're here to listen to some incredible music and I intend to give that to you.

01 Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - I Learned the Hard Way
02 Ryan Shaw - Morning, Noon & Night
03 Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
04 Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - Crimson and Clover
05 Ringo Starr - Photograph
06 Shania Twain - It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
07 Julie Ruin - I Wanna Know What Love Is
08 Ruben Studdard feat. Rick Ross - Don't Make 'Em Like U No More
09 TV on the Radio - Crying
10 Band of Horses - Laredo
11 Jay & the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
12 Martha Reeves & the Vandellas - (Love is Like a) Heat Wave
13 Damien Rice - Cannonball
14 B.O.B - Nothing on You
15 Elton John - Teacher I Need You

You can listen to these songs under the playlist "Maven Mix" and check out other mixes at http://8tracks.com/angelicadiamond

I wasn't able to find Julie Ruin on 8 Tracks but here is the song below from YouTube. This is the lead singer of Bikini Kill sampling tracks and cursing like a crazy person. I'm obsessed with it for some reason, this is not usually my thing but a good beat cannot be denied.

No comments: