10 December 2009

15 Songs to Spruce up December

As usual there are so many things I should be doing but cannot seem to concentrate on - one of which is a final revision of a short story I wrote for my creative writing class. I turned on my iPod in the library hoping it would clear my mind of all the things I'm thinking about (and nervous about) but of course it just filled my mind with music and how great all the songs are that I've been listening to for the past month.

In October I thought things couldn't get any better. In November, I figured it was already the end of the year so nothing else was going to come out that would blow my mind and now in December, I'm astonished by all the music that waited until year's end to bestow its greatness on us - and I haven't even touched the surface yet. There are still so many albums to run through on my iTunes list that I keep hearing good things about. I couldn't wait any longer though: here is my brief playlist for the final month of 2009 that touches on a few of these new singles and a couple from the past couple years that I'm just discovering.

Robin Thicke ft. Jay-Z - Meiple
Beyonce ft. Lady Gaga - Video Phone
Passion Pit - Moth's Wings
John Mayer - Assassin
David Gray - Fugitive
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
Wale ft. John Mayer - Letter
Silversun Pickups - Substitution
The National - Cherry Tree
Mayer Hawthorne - Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin'
LMFAO - La La La
Passion Pit - Little Secrets
Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
Phoenix - Countdown
Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me

No comments: