13 July 2010

Yacht Rock!

I never realized it before but this might be one of my favorite musical genres. It seems that everything I listen to lately can be combined under this title. My lovers Hall & Oates, Christopher Cross, even Todd Rundgren to a certain extent. My latest musical crush, Michael McDonald, is probably the king of this genre though. His ridiculous voice and absurdly smooth sounds make him the ultimate cheesy go-to guy. I can't say I know much about him and I'm too caught up in listening to his voice right now to read Wikipedia or some other unreliable internet source but I get a really big grin on my face when I hear him - and he has a great beard to boot.



"What a Fool Believes" is one of my all time favorite songs. I wish I wrote it.



"I Keep Forgetting" - another classic. I always try to stop myself from being a Lite FM jukebox but I can't control myself. It is my guiltiest pleasure. It might go along with my desire for 50 year old men.  If you folks aren't actually clicking and listening to these videos you're seriously missing out.



"Tin Man" always drives me crazy as well. The sound is so different and really sounds a lot more innovative than most songs on the radio today.



My mother's old best friend would always sing this at karaoke nights when I was little. It has probably been stuck in my head for the past 18 years.

How can you deny this music? You can't.

No comments: