09 November 2009

Best Songs of 2009...so far

I don't know if I have all the necessities to properly complete a list like this but I'm going to try my best. I won't set an exact number because that would be giving myself too much work but I do think you'll find a few excellent songs on here that you might not know along with some you definitely know that you should give a second or third listen. This is a list mainly for people who like a mixture of professionally produced, semi-popular indie music and a smattering of Top 40. I'd like to be more obscure but I always go back to what sounds best to me and that is usually the nicely produced, already known music that doesn't go overboard but is right on deck... if that makes sense. There are multiple songs by one artist on the list but don't take it as a bad thing - it's actually amazing. All of these songs are amazing in some fashion.

This is NOT in any specific order.

So here we go:

Best Songs of 2009 (So Far)

01 Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
02 Grizzly Bear - While You Wait For the Others
03 Phoenix - 1901
04 Phoenix - Girlfriend
05 Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
06 The National - Ashamed of the Story I Told
07 Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
08 John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare
09 Kris Allen - Live Like We're Dying
10 Train - Hey Soul Sister
11 Kanye West - Paranoid
12 Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind
13 Will Dailey - How Can I Make You Happy
14 Mayer Hawthorne - Maybe So, Maybe No
15 Mayer Hawthorne - Just Ain't Gonna Work Out
16 Kid Cudi - Make Her Say
17 Monsters of Folk - Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)
18 Monsters of Folk - Whole Lotta Losin'
19 Kid Cudi - Day and Nite
20 Passion Pit - The Reeling
21 Michael Buble - Haven't Met You Yet
22 Regina Spektor - Eet
23 Andrew Bird - Anonanimal
24 Pearl Jam - The Fixer
25 Beyonce - Ego
26 Sondre Lerche - Don't Look Now
27 Devendra Banhart - Baby
28 Silversun Pickups - Substitution
29 Owl City - Fireflies
30 Free Energy - Free Energy

I'd say the BEST song of 2009 so far is...  Mayer Hawthorne - "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out".... I think. We'll see.

No comments: