15 March 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

I've been on a R&B/Soul kick lately with positive results. It's funny how love can just sneak up on you. My passion for certain music ocassionally takes years to cultivate and I always feel ashamed that I didn't have more time to appreciate it earlier. This happened with everything from country to folk to electronica but I am simply obsessed with '60's/'70's soul right now - and beyond. Modern day sounds from Raphael Saadiq, John Legend, India.Arie, Dwele, and Anthony Hamilton are incredible as well. Here's a further list of artists I'm very familiar with but excited to check out further (ie. beyond their top ten singles).

The O'Jays
The Delfonics
Bobby Womack
Gene Chandler
Tyrone Davis
Marvin Sease
Jerry Butler
Willie Hutch
Joe Tex
The Commodores

And here are some videos for your smooth soul viewing pleasure:





No comments: